Trevian Capital is a middle market real estate finance company that provides short-term senior-secured bridge loans for commercial and multifamily properties nationwide. Trevian provides bridge loans from $2 million to $100+ million to borrowers throughout the United States whose needs do not meet conventional timing or underwriting guidelines.
We are seeking an experienced accountant/controller to oversee several aspects of the Trevian Capital lending platform. Trevian has its own discretionary lending fund and also makes loans via separate accounts with several hedge funds and insurance companies. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as an accountant, preferably at a senior associate level or higher with knowledge of debt and/or hedge fund accounting. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, the candidate will review and produce financial reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in Trevian’s continued growth. As an established and rapidly growing platform, the ideal candidate will be a team player, think quickly on their feet, and have an interest in gaining exposure to all facets of a national real estate lending platform.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Reconcile monthly, quarterly, and annual fund returns in conjunction with Trevian’s third-party fund administrator
- Generate, review, and monitor monthly billing statements and the collection of monthly interest payments from borrowers
- Monitor flow of funds between Trevian and its leverage provider(s) and monitor availability on its financing facilities.
- Liaise with external fund accountants for ad hoc requests and annual audits
- Perform ad hoc loan level calculations
- Generate and review loan payoff statements
- Assist in the preparation of due diligence questionnaires and other information requests from existing and potential investors
- Maintain accounting for and ensure the timely and accurate payment of corporate expenses
- Assist in the processing and funding of draw requests from borrowers for release of capital expenditure reserves on construction loans
- 3 – 10 years of experience as an accounting or finance manager at the senior associate level or higher
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analytics
- Relevant real estate experience and understanding of real estate lending is a plus but not required
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in debt and/or hedge fund accounting
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- CPA/CFA highly preferred
Interested members should e-mail resume to Michael Hoffenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper’s Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1794 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.